Monday, March 4, 2013

Jam Jar Art

We've all seen it done with bottle tops, but what if you want something bigger stuck in there? I've been eyeing up these old jar lids for a while, and actually, they aren't as bulky to put on a page as you think! they're just as deep as bottle caps! So I decided to do a little experiment and this is how it turned out. Here's so Jam Jar Art ideas for your pages. All you need is some jar lids, glue, and whatever you want to put inside them.

 1. Take your jam jar lids, I'm not too sure of the size of these! go with fairly small/standard ones ... unless you're doing a big cover piece in which case go wild with the size! Give them a really really good clean.

 2. Add in whatever you want! I've found this a useful technique to use embellishments I regret buying ... I somehow ended up with 200 of these little blue roses for a few pounds! So I stuck a bunch of these in the lid. You can use anything shallow enough though, paper, ribbon, buttons, old fabric, anything!
To get paper in there, just cut around the outline of the lid and then pop in! Easy as that.













3. So you should end up with something like this! I tried to cover a few different mediums for this tutorial. Next, what you need to do is get a load of PVA glue. I actually tried wood glue with this tutorial too, and it gave the paper one a wonderful vintage looking finish. Don't coat it on too thick, but make sure when you pour the glue on you cover all the embellishment throughly! Don't panic that it's gone all white and looks ruined.










4. Leave it for about 24 hours ... and you'll end up with           something like this!



I love how these turned out. And you've pretty much spent no money besides the glue! Adhese onto your page with hot glue or the likes, and you're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment